Our 2 person Infrared Sauna affords you the opportunity to sweat out those toxins alone or with a guest – your guest is FREE!
The sauna takes about 20 minutes to preheat, so bookings are required. Your time inside the sauna will vary from 20-40 minutes depending on your experience and comfort level.
6 Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
Sweating is one of the body’s most natural ways to eliminate toxins, making it a crucial part of detoxification. When compared to traditional Swedish saunas, infrared saunas allow you to eliminate about seven times more toxins.
Infrared sauna therapy promotes relaxation by helping to balance your body’s level of cortisol, your body’s primary stress hormone. The heat generated by the sauna will also help to relax muscles and relieve tension throughout the body, allowing you to relax and de-stress.
If you suffer from muscle aches or joint pain, infrared saunas can relieve this form of inflammation by increasing circulation and relaxing your muscles.
The heat generated by an infrared sauna will cause your core temperature to increase, which can also lead to an increased heart rate — the same increase in heart rate that you experience when exercising. When your body has to work harder to lower your core temperature or keep up with an increased heart rate, your body will burn more calories, resulting in weight loss. An article, titled Effect of Sweating, in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that a 30-minute infrared sauna session could burn roughly 600 calories.
As the heat from infrared saunas increases your core body temperature, your circulation will increase along with it. Consistent infrared sauna sessions, especially in the middle-infrared level, can stimulate blood flow, improve muscle recovery, and decrease pain and inflammation after intense exercise.
Infrared sauna technology can help purify your skin by eliminating toxins from your pores and increasing circulation, resulting in clearer, softer, and healthier-looking skin.
Single Session $ 5 Member
$ 8 Non-Member
12 Sessions $ 48 (just $4 each)
Add Sauna to Gym $ 10/mo ( max 3 sessions per week)
* See Sauna Rules & Etiquette below to ensure you come prepared.
If you forget your towels, we offer a towel service!
Towel Service $ .50 per towel
Monthly Towel Service $ 10/mo (2 towels per visit)
Sauna Use: Rules & Etiquette
- 2 towels are required – 1 to sit on and 1 to wipe your sweat.
- Stay hydrated. Drink 1 glass of water before and 2-4 glasses of water after your Sauna.
- You must be clothed when using the Sauna (a bathing suit is OK, loose cotton is best). Wear flip flops when you enter and exit the Sauna.
- Shower with soap before entering the Sauna to remove cosmetics and contaminants from your body.
- Remove jewelry, eyeglasses and contact lenses to avoid damage or burns. (Locks are available at Front Desk)
- Minors may use the Sauna with parental permission.
- After your Sauna, you may be lightheaded. Take your time getting up.
- After your Sauna, rinse off with water only, DO NOT USE SOAP as it can clog your open pores.
- Sauna use is not recommended:
– for people suffering from diabetes,
– directly after intensive endurance training,
– for people with circulatory disorders,
– for pregnant or menstruating women.
- Sauna use is recommended twice a week. First-time users will be limited to 20 minutes. Max time is 40 minutes. (Sauna must preheat for 20 minutes so bookings are required).
- Don’t touch the buttons !! All adjustments of the Sauna are to be performed by Staff only.
- You must be in good health. By using the Sauna you declare that you are fit and healthy. You bear sole responsibility for your health condition.
Note: We may periodically check on you to be sure you are okay.